Cristiano Ronaldo was the best paid footballerin 2016-17, with 87.5 million euros ($95.3m) in earnings, ahead of his Argentinian rival at Barcelona, Lionel Messi (76.5m), according to figures to appear in Tuesday’s edition of France Football.
Messi’s Brazilian teammate Neymar is third with 55.5 million euros ahead of Real Madrid’s Welsh forward Gareth Bale (41m) and Argentina’s Ezequiel Lavezzi (28.5m), who plays for Hebei Fortune in the Chinese Super League.
Best paid footballers 2016/17:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) 87.5 million.
2. Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona) 76.5 m.
3. Neymar Da Silva (FC Barcelona) 55.5 m.
4. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid) 41 m.
5. Ezequiel Lavezzi (Hebei China Fortune) 28.5 m.